Table of Contents
BPA The Backpackers Alliance IELTS Reading General
Reading Passage 1
BPA – The Backpackers’ Alliance
The leading hostel network for independent travellers
What is BPA?
It is the largest group of backpacker-style accommodation providers in the state – these are state-owned and operated so they all meet rigid criteria for health and safety.
We have over 200 listings to give you the best chance of finding the most suitable accommodation where you are most likely to enjoy it and that could be in the mountains, by the sea, in the bush, in the centre of a bustling city – almost anywhere in the state!
BPA prices are always the lowest – order your BPA Accommodation Guide now and check it out! ielts-reading
Join BPA and enjoy the benefits of registration. which include access to a variety of popular options:
• BPA online bookings
• Secure telephone bookings (you will NOT need to risk giving out your credit card details over the phone)
• Rating details (one to four stars) on all BPC accommodation
You will also receive your BPA Club Card, which gives you
• Preferential regular-user rates – once you have used our service 10 tunes, you become a loyal customer and enjoy an 8% discount on all bookings
• A $5 rebate on all online bookings (accommodation only)
• Guaranteed fixed prices (non-members must pay a higher ‘casual’ rate which can change without notice)
• Deals and discounts on transport and activities (if booked through our website)
Registration is free – there are no hidden fees or commissions. However. there is a $20 processing fee for replacement of a lost or stolen card. IELTS-reading
BPA can assist you with this. We can advise you on travel, insurance, what to pack and what to expect. We can also help you find work close to the hostel of your choice by setting up interviews with local employers_ We’ll also arrange for you to attend at least one social event where you can meet fellow travellers and some of the residents from the area.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the text?
In boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet write
TRUE – if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE – if the statement contradicts the Information
NOT GIVEN – if there is no information on this
1. The BPA hostels are managed by independent owners.
2. You can find BPA hostels in many different environments.
3. BPA hostels have the cheapest accommodation anywhere in the state.
4. Online bookings are more popular than telephone bookings.
5. BPA members who frequently use the hostels pay less than the normal fee.
6. There is an initial $20 registration fee.
7. Local employers prefer to hire casual employees through BPA.
Read the text below and answer questions 8-14.
Applying for a Driver’s Licence
Person Vehicle Licences: All applicants will have to show two forms of identification and pass an eye exam. There also is a compulsory driving course, the cost of which must be borne by the driver. Special licences of this class include:
• Provisional Licence: For ages 16 to 18. Drivers on this licence are subject to several restrictions. Drivers must not drive after 8 pm. and are required to have a fully-licensed adult in the car at all times. The driver may apply to transfer to a full licence after attaining 18 years of age, provided he or she has a clean record.
• Motorcycle Licence: An optional extension course on defensive driving is recommended for drivers with this type of licence. This can reduce insurance premiums. Not all motorized two-wheel vehicles classify as motorcycles. Scooters, for example, do not require this licence, but note that these vehicles are restricted from riding on main roads and highways.
• Livery Licences: Anyone planning to use their vehicle as a taxi or a limousine will require this licence. Applicants must have a personal vehicle licence, which they must surrender upon receipt of the new licence. This licence also requires renewal every two years. Drivers are required to display a registration plate to indicate that they are legally allowed to accept passengers.
• Commercial vehicle licences: These include:
– City buses (single or coupled)
– School buses
– Lorries (single or coupled)
All licences for commercial vehicles require a probation period, after which the full licence will be issued. Application for such a vehicle licence will require proof of training, proof of insurance and a mandatory fee, which can usually be claimed back once employment is found.
Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the text for each answer.
8. People who want a personal vehicle licence must pay for a _______
9. A teenager must have a _______ to get a full licence at 18 years old.
10. Motorcycle drivers who attend a special class can get a discount on their _______
11. People who ride _______ on back roads or off-road do not need a licence.
12. People who drive a _______ or _______ need a livery licence.
13. Anyone who charges money for driving people in a private car must show a special _______
14. Commercial drivers have to wait for a _______ to get their full licence.
BPA The Backpackers’ Alliance IELTS Reading Answers
4. NOT GIVEN
7. NOT GIVEN
8. DRIVING COURSE
9. CLEAN RECORD
10. INSURANCE (PREMIUMS)
12. TAXI OR LIMOUSINE
13. REGISTRATION PLATE
14. PROBATION PERIOD
Also Check: Lunar Cycles and Sleep IELTS Reading General